Saturday, March 24, 2007

That's Buzzy!

Having remembered that I, in fact, keep a blog (if not the particulars of how to do anything with it), I decided its time to inaugurate a new feature to happywarrior. In loving memory of when I used to believe that shit, I'm starting a series of knock-offs of Newsweek's Conventional Wisdom watch. I have no idea how to copy and paste little arrows, but that's why they invented words anyway.


(little green up arrow) Ben Smith. I know, I know; egg on the face, unforgivable journalistic sin, etc. But, really, everyone loves the guy, and made haste to publicly cut him some superfluous slack. Plus, he was nice to Chris Owens.


(little green up arrow) HotlineTV. This political 'journalism' 'show' is to my affections as Catholicism was to Evelyn Waugh; you could stay away all you like, but with a twitch upon the thread you'll find yourself right back up in that shit. Watching yesterday's show this morning, I heard John Mercurio make mention of some 'William,' who doesn't appreciate his imperious interruptions. Not so, good sir! I'm down with good ole frat boys and their clever mispronunciations of co-host names; it's almost as hip as W's monikers. But that madcap ice skating rankings craziness? Classic.


(way down red arrow) ridonkulous - will you all shut the fuck up? 'ginormous'? what are we, (searching for appropriate opprobrium; drowning in whiskey-soaked fury).





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.